Shaw has completed over 2,500 successful field installations and an impressive list of high-profile installations, including the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Georgia Tech, University of Arkansas and many others. Engineered for performance and safety, Shaw Sports Turf features a product line designed specifically to meet the needs of athletes and sports programs.
Shaw came to Wakefly looking to migrate their existing WordPress and also give the site a new look. The old site had been up for 3 years and they wanted to expand content and functionality to be able to better showcase their recent projects and boost their SEO.
We started off the project with a competitive analysis, keyword research and a review of their analytics to guide both our design and the information architecture of the site. This resulted in expanding and restructuring a lot of the content to better suit the needs of their target audience – coaches, athletic directors, architects and parks and rec directors. The new design features their impressive imagery of their products in action, which greatly helps with referrals and building confidence with potential customers.
The new site was built in Kentico, with ease of use in mind. Shaw will need to frequently update their site to highlight new projects and industry news so we wanted to set up a structure that would allow them to easily manage and tag content to keep it very searchable. We also streamlined the management of the rep locator both on the front and back end, making it easier to assign reps to multiple territories and get users to the info they need more quickly.
- Restructured site map and navigation to better reflect user needs
- Added forms to key pages to help with lead generation
- Added blog specific search to make it easier to navigate such a large amount of content
- Created a new filterable projects section to show users projects based on location, sport, facility type or product type
- Added a self-select section on the home page to guide users to relevant content