Wakefly, a Massachusetts-based website development agency, is seeking a DevOps engineer and hosting systems administrator to provide DevOps support to its internal development staff and administer its portfolio of production web hosting accounts within AWS.
Wakefly currently has 12 full time developers working on approximately 100 client sites per month. The DevOps Engineer will manage the infrastructure that provides this team with seamless integration between local development and the UAT sites we host for our clients. Supported platforms include both Windows (.Net-based CMSs such as Kentico, Umbraco, Sitefinity, Sitecore) and Linux (WordPress, Drupal, PHP, .Net Core). Databases (SQL Server and MySQL) are hosted in RDS. We use Plesk as a control panel for developers to manage UAT sites with continuous integration from Bitbucket.
Wakefly also provides production hosting to more than 100 customers. Production environments include shared servers, dedicated EC2 instances, and fully redundant multi-AZ configurations. Most production deployments are handled manually and there is opportunity to automate that process for many clients.
This role provides substantial autonomy and self-direction to an experienced candidate. A highly motivated junior engineer seeking to grow in this role may also be considered.
On-premise work in our Marlborough, MA office is preferred but not a requirement.
- Management of cloud infrastructure supporting production hosting environments
- Management of cloud infrastructure supporting internal development team
- Creation and maintenance of documentation for administration and DevOps processes and infrastructure
- Timely, helpful and professional responses to hosting customer and staff requests
- Participation in weekly rotation of 5 member off-hour alert response team
- Occasional assistance with office IT projects and support
- Windows Server and Ubuntu Linux system administration
- AWS EC2, RDS, VPC and CloudFront administration
- Proficiency with at least one scripting/programming language
- Proficiency with at least one IT automation platform
- Azure App Services & Azure SQL administration a plus