The average attention span of a human being has dropped from 12 to 8 seconds since 2000. And the little ole gold fish is at 9 seconds, too bad they don’t have money to spend on your products/services. What does this mean for the business owner and digital marketer?
Hit them fast and hit them hard!
Text is important if your audience wants to do a deep dive on a particular story or product, but how do you hook them (sorry little ole gold fish)?
- With something sexy
- With something funny
- With the something visually stunning
- With something that evokes an emotional response
Whether it’s a kitten video, a funny meme, a slide show or an informative infographic, it’s all about LOVE at first sight even for content. To no one’s surprise almost all of the social media platforms cater to visual content and some are based entirely on it.
- Facebook content ranks higher if pictures are included.
- Twitter now supports photos and animated GIF’s which appear directly in the user’s feeds which tend to be retweeted more.
- Over 40 million photos are uploaded to Instagram daily and Pinterest is a photo sharing community dominated by female users.
So as a business owner or digital marketer using these social media platforms to promote your product or service, you better produce visual eye candy for your audience to engage with and consume.
Make it sweet…..
Make it sassy…..
Make it funny….
Everyone knows content is king, but visual content is downright delectable.