Fresh content is important from a search engine optimization standpoint. The more often you update your site, the more often the search engines will visit your site, increasing your chances of having all your pages indexed and improving your organic rankings.
Keeping your website up to date with fresh content is also important from an image, credibility and sales standpoint. There are some real business risks in not keeping your website’s content fresh. For example, if you have really old or very few press releases, people may think “are you still in business”? If your competition has more valuable information than your website and is constantly adding to this library, thereby giving people a reason to continuously visit and refer friends to that site, you will lose credibility and business to this competitor. If your content is stale, you may become perceived as a business risk in the eyes of decision makers for your product or service, making them question “will this company be in business in 2 years?”. In a nutshell, people will ask – “why is this content so old?”, and worse “what’s going on with this company?”, two questions you never want your target market to ask about your company.
The easiest way to keep the content on your website fresh is to build your website with a content management system (CMS). A CMS facilitates editing and updating site content as often as you wish without skills in HTML programming or assistance from an IT department. Therefore, a CMS helps you stay ahead of and even leapfrog over your competition.
Ektron CMS400.NET is a great tool for keeping your content fresh, improving your web image and generating leads from your website. In addition, Ektron CMS400.NET makes search engine optimization easy, and gives you the tools you need to maintain excellent search engine rankings.
Some of the features Ektron CMS400.net comes with out of the box include:
- Content authors can easily update, check-in/check-out content, submit content into workflows for approval, revert to previous versions (versioning), and schedule content for date and time based publishing
- Content authors perform edits by using an intuitive, WYSIWYG editor that is similar to using MS Word. Content authors will not have to learn any programming language in order to manage and publish content to the website.
- Ektron’s enterprise search provides fast, accurate and rich search results.
- Search results are more accurate with powerful options such as synonym and suggested results.
Search Engine Optimization:
- Ektron CMS400.NET forces you to enter content for meta tags including the title tag, description tag and keyword tag, making your site compliant with SEO best practices.
- Ektron’s new SEO Site Checker utility ensures that all of your web pages are optimized for search engines by providing you intelligent information about each page including metadata, compliance, page ranking and a revolutionary keyword density analysis report. In conjunction with Ektron CMS400.NET, anyone can build and maintain sites fully optimized for search rankings.
- Ektron CMS400.net’s URL Aliasing feature enables creation of simple, readable URLs, as well as search-friendly URLs, in place of long, complex URLs.
Social Media Features:
- With out-of-the-box forums, blogs, wikis, threaded discussion groups, polls, and RSS feeds, Ektron CMS400.NET meets online community-building needs.
- One of the big trends facing marketers today is the need to stand apart from your competition, and to produce content that causes your target market to think of your company as a thought leader. A blog is a great way to satisfy this trend. By having subject matter experts contribute regularly to your company’s blog, especially if it is RSS enabled, will enable you to garner credibility with your target market and ultimately increase sales.
- Another trend is using one’s website for community building. Forums, wikis and threaded discussion groups enable you to do so, and, if the content therein is valuable to your target market, will result in your site becoming a destination site. Again, building trust and credibility amongst your target market is key in terms of sales today’s economy, and these social media features do just that.
- Polls, too, enable you to better interact with your target market. For example, if you are undecided on which topic to feature in your next webinar, you can post a poll on your website to see which one resonates best with your target market.
Wakefly has been working with Ektron for years to offer professionally designed, scalable, and customizable websites. We are an Ektron premier partner, and have been honored with Ektron All Star awards in 2006 and 2008.